Thursday 6 December 2012

chili in the eye

I haven't washed my hair for 4 days.
This would have been an achievement if it weren't for the fact that I've been too lazy ill to wash it. Since my last post the cough has developed and so has a blocked nose. I've gotten through half a jar of honey and bottle of Vimto single handedly. It's been a laugh.

We've found a new flat, quicker than expected, and move at the end of January. I'll miss this flat and it's big bathroom. The sun-catching patio, and the cheap rent with no bills. The way it's not far from the beach and this was our first home together. Our new flat is a lovely, big first floor 2 bedroom flat, it has a little garden with white goods in the kitchen - including a freezer.

Since we moved into this little flat we haven't had a freezer, not even a drawer in the fridge. When people find out this little fun fact we get asked a lot: 'how do you survive!?' We have managed, we have had fresh food everyday and had to deal with week old forgotten leftovers. We've had the same meals for dinner, then lunch, lunch and dinner. We haven't bought tubbed ice-cream for dessert since getting married, and I can't wait to have a bowl of strawberry ice-cream with a flake and wafer and sprinkles and the whole hog just because I can. Then I can have some the next day, because it would have been kept in the freezer between times. We can also have a meal, then wait a week or two before we eat the leftovers instead of having it for lunch the next 3 days. Needless to say I'm excited about the freezer.
Other positive things about the new flat: we have off road parking, a washing machine and tumble dryer, DISHWASHER, microwave, WINDOWS (another thing our current flat lacks), a big living room and a fireplace.


I'm pretty looking forward to it.

Other developments for Craig and I:
We have the Christmas decorations up, and they look wonderful
Craig starts his new job in about 11 days
I've made 2 curries in the past week
I bought some new jeans that are red
We have fresh flowers on the table