Tuesday 6 March 2012

AWOL!

This weekend Craig has been away at college, and he's been a great miss in the flat. It's hard not to notice he's gone as there's only two of us here usually.
On Thursday before he left, we thought back to the time we were dating and how we could go up to 3 weeks (at a push) without seeing each other, and how silly it was we (...mostly I) were getting a little upset when it came time for him to leave after dropping me off at work Friday morning. Nevertheless, tomorrow he his home and I can't wait to see him.
Anyway, while Craig was away, I had the chance to do some crafting that i'd been wanting to do...

Salt dough. I remember as a kid making salt dough creations at Auntie Carole's house and loving them. making shapes, and painting then presenting them to my parents when coming home.
This weekend I tried my best to make it all on my own, a brave thing, then shape it in to star fish!

In my head, they were going to look something like this:


They actually turned out like this:


The large one on the bottom ended up snapping one of it's legs!
Better luck next time.