Monday 15 July 2013

Flashbacks

I was in Provo, Utah this time 4 years ago with my two BFFs and we would walk in the blistering heat to Maceys market and buy 10 pizzas, then stop off at Krispy Kreme to pick up dessert (36 doughnuts). We bought goods from DI and took a break at 'Spoon Me'. We jumped in the pool and drove down to Manti, spend the afternoon in Salt Lake City and enjoyed a picnic at the Provo Temple. Walking to Denny's at midnight to have breakfast.

Today I walked in the blistering heat between buildings at work, ate leftovers for lunch and drove with both windows down. It was wonderful.

Being someone who doesn't wear a coat or socks in the dead of winter, I can't stand the heat. Luckily I sit near a window at work and plan on keeping that open, with a fan on as long as this heatwave is around here.
This evening Craig and I met with some friends on the beach for a bit of volleyball and a barbecue. It's been so warm lately that whenever we go to the beach, no matter what time, there are still groups of people scattered on the sand. My favourite part of driving home is just as you drive out of the car park, you reach a long stretch of road that has the harbour on the left, and the huge houses on the seafront to your right. The sun will always set over the harbour, casting long shadows on the water around the small boats and the palm trees make a beautiful silhouette scene in front of the pink sky.

As I drove down that road, listening to songs from 4 years ago, it made me think of those times in Provo, those carefree days. I often think that now we're married and turning 'old', we can't have those days again, but nights like tonight change that, and now with my BFF, we are happy with the heat.