Thursday 7 March 2013

We moved.


January was a tough month, but worth it. I think.

We were both away for business (we're very grown up in this house) in separate places during the week (Craig for 4 weeks, myself for 3), this all started just 4 days after Craig was hit by a van while cycling to work and I was still up North. Fab.

Anyway, after the first 3 weeks of not seeing each other during the week, with still 1 week to go, we moved.

The move was amazing. Craig and I headed to the Agents to collect keys and sign our name a few times. We came back an hour later and everything was packed into a van! We had a few friends come and help and even let us use their vans and cars to transport everything. From packing to unpacking, it only took 3 hours.

Our old place was a lovely one bed place, a perfect 'first home'.

I felt very sad leaving it, but it was easier to leave it when I remembered what we were coming to. A first floor 2 bed flat, with large windows that catch the afternoon sun. A living room with carpet, big enough to have a clear separation between lounge and dining area. Full length wardrobes and a chest of drawers each.
Not having to create a sauna in the bathroom to dry clothes, but having a tumble dryer and a dishwasher for our use.

And a freezer. In the past couple of weeks I have finally had time to start freezing things. Just yesterday i threw all the meat from the fridge in the freezer, spent an hour chopping up fruit, mixing it together then bagging it all up and freezing it for work snacks. I've made pizza dough and frozen a lot of it, and put today's leftovers in the freezer. I love it. I also bought ice trays that we have yet to empty of ice - because they've been in the freezer.

I'm pretty excited about the freezer.