Monday 30 July 2012

Birthday Week part 1

My brother in law always made the comment that my family would have different rules when it came to birthdays, that we would change the day to suit us, or have it on more than one day. This is very true! As siblings moved out of home, we would have a birthday during the week, then on the Sunday, after church, we would gather at our parents' or my sister's home and have a birthday Sunday.

Craig and I have carried on this tradition slightly. As we have our birthdays within 3 days of each other (mine July 23, his July 26), we have had this year our 'Birthday Week'.

It started with a trip to Lyme Regis:












We stopped at Bridport and to the beach (West Bay) where Craig's lifeguard career first started 5 years ago, then headed off to Lyme. The high street in the last picture had lots of lovely shops with old novelty items. We bought 2 old milk bottles from the 1980s.

Monday came and it was my birthday!
Craig woke me up at about 0430 and asked me to put on earphones and listen to music while he 'made his lunch'. He put on the song I walked down the aisle to (my brother arranged a piano version for the day) and i drifted in and out of sleep for 2 hours. at 0630 he came back to wake me up so we could go on a birthday adventure. I was told to keep my eyes closed while in the car the whole time. It was a little scary. What if he was going to kill me!? We drove around for about 15 minutes then we had to walk, still with my eyes closed. I could hear seagulls and the waves crashing on the sand, I sat down for 2 minutes and could smell the sea. I opened my eyes to find this:





What a stud!