Monday 11 June 2012

This is what happened this weekend:



Saturday night we returned from playing Lazer-tag for a friend's birthday (I came third!) and decided that was the best time to sort out my purse and rid it of old train tickets, receipts and any other junk I collect. There was one problem: something vital was missing from the purse, something I needed for today...my counterpart licence.


Today was the day scheduled to take my driving test, without the counterpart licence there was no point in taking the test. It got to about 0030 and decided to stop searching. After church on Sunday, we spent 3 hours turning the flat upside down and the counterpart was nowhere to be found.
We had looked in the important box, in the bookcase, the kitchen, the wardrobes were emptied, the boxes underneath the bed were pulled out, bags were finally sorted through. Lots of things were found: dust, spiders, the toast my Gran gave at Rosie & mines' Bridal Shower, old drawings, the thank you list created after the wedding...all useful, but I doubt the DVLA would appreciate my turning up with Tesco vouchers instead of my licence.
We had made a cut off time of 2200 hours and would quit searching after that. About 2115 I had given up hope, Craig was lying on the cold dusty floor and we both accepted defeat. I started to tidy up and text my driving instructor letting him know, Craig went into the other room, presumably beginning to tidy. After a few minutes he called through asking if I had checked every bag 'Of course! I wouldn't have put it in my bags anyway' But there was one bag I had not checked, the navy bag with white birds; my Sunday bag that was with me all day.
I walked slowly into the living room where Craig was sat to find the contents of said bag on the floor. There was a scarf, a jar, my Primary book & pictures, chapstick and there in Craig's tanned hands was the counterpart.
After 3+ hours of searching, the flat almost destroyed, it was right there with me all day.


My test could go ahead as planned! My instructor picked me up at the allotted time. I didn't feel nervous, more relieved that I had all paperwork needed.
After going through manoeuvres and all going well, I started to get a bit shakey. A 5 minute walk and a banana later we were sat waiting for my name to be called out.


The next 40 or so minutes are a blur, but the top and bottom of it is, I am finally now a legally qualified driver, passing with only 2 minor faults. Hurrah!!